Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Restaurant Review- Lotus Leaf


     The Lotus Leaf is a small family owned restaurant located in an unassuming storefront at 1595 Georgesville Square Drive Columbus Ohio 43228. It's decor is simple, more reminiscent of a miniature hospital cafeteria than the sometimes over the top flair of many eat in Asian Restaurants, but it's staff is prompt and courteous, it's menu is an almost eccentric blend of Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, and in one instance even French styles.  And it is quite a menu, sporting a hefty fifty six items, quite a lot to work through in the interest of trying it all. I've so far managed to make my way through six dishes, in addition to sampling off the plates of friends and I've seen enough to know it's worth the trouble to make my way through the other fifty. Their dishes are alive with subtle layers of flavor with EVERYTHING (or so the server says, and I have no reason to doubt,) produced fresh and in house. Their prices would be considered middle of the road for local Asian Cuisine, except that their portion sizes are massive to the point  where I usually have to take about half home for a second meal, all in all making their prices exceptional for the quantity.

Final Ranking
A- (I'm not a huge stickler for atmosphere, I don't even mind the cafeteria-like setting, but the Lime Green, Yellow, and Red color scheme is far more than a little eye gouging and I have to dock them a few points for that...)


Picture courtesy of: Columbus Pho Search

1 comment:

  1. It is like a very nice little cafeteria.
    I actually like the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete